Conserve resources; save energy; earn money by Glass Recycling
The three main ingredients in glass are sand, soda ash and limestone. When compared to other materials that generally go to the landfill, glass takes the longest time to break down, requiring 1000 years to decompose.
The same glass can be recycled a million times over to produce bottles and jars of the same high quality. Manufacturers today are making lighter glass bottles in a bid to conserve resources.
There are four major stages in glass manufacture:
1. Melting (of the raw natural materials)
2. Refining (the molten glass achieves homogeneity)
3. Working (of the molten glass into the desired shape)
4. Annealing (relieving the internal stresses within the formed way that developed during working)
What is Glass Recycling?
The Mechanism of turning waste glass into relevant products.
Glass recycling in Europe (Recycling rates %)
Advantages of Glass Recycling
The assets of recycling glass are both environmental and economic. We can conserve finite natural raw material resources. Because for each ton of recycled glass used 1.21 tons of natural raw materials are saved. Glass Recycling can reduce the demand for natural raw materials. It can decrease the effect upon the environment. Only 50% of water needs in the recycling process. When we consider the efficiency; 134 litres of oil are saved for every ton of recycled glass used. In recycling cullet melts at a lower temperature than the parent raw materials. Usually reducing temperature saves 66 billion litres of oil. Recycling can cut down Environmental pollution (air, land, water) by a considerable percentage. When glass gets recycle, the total amount of glass waste reduces. Hence volume & weight of waste requiring storage, transportation and disposal cut down. And their costs also. Glass recycling process can minimize glass reproduction cost also.
4 stage process of Glass recycling
The user throws away glasses into the glass-recycle bin.
- Collection – Recycler takes glasses from the bin to a glass treatment plant.
- Sorting-Recycler sorts glasses by colour and washes them to remove any impurities.
- Processing-Recycler crushes and melts glass waste using specific mechanisms to turn them into new products such as jars, bottles and other glass equipment. (Some times for different ambitions like decorative uses or brick manufacture, etc.
- Distribution – Recycler sends glass back to the markets, shops and stores.
- Glass doesn’t deteriorate by this recycling process so that it can recycle once again.
Never use glass recycling with,
- Heat treated glass
- Plate glass
- Oven proof glass
- Opaque glass
- Mirrors & light globes
Are you ready for glass recycling?
If you are interested in that, you can find hundreds of companies via the internet. They always ready to help you with the recycling task. Moreover, glass recycling can earn some extra credits in your day to day life .also you can satisfy your contribution to making the environment healthy and gracefully.